With time running out on me, and limited knowledge, I'm going to combine the rest of the BCS conferences into one update. Maybe next year I'll put more into this, or at least get started earlier.
-I still think it should be called the 12 PAC instead of the PAC 12. The conference even "tapped the Rockies" by bringing in Colorado.
-Welcome Utah and Colorado to the PAC 12. Good luck, you'll need it.
-Also for Colorado: who is this new coach and what the hell are you thinking? This guy has zero previous head coaching experience, and has been little more than a position coach his whole life. This reminds me way too much of the Tim Brewster hire at Minnesota a few years ago. You can see how well that turned out.
-Its strange to see Jeff Tedford not be able to keep up the success he's had at Cal.
-Oregon is still at the top of the class in the PAC 12. Until someone knocks them off of it, I can't pick against them. USC is not bad, but still bowl ineligible this year. Washington is rising. Arizona State could make noise this year. Arizona is someone you don't take lightly.
-I think Stanford will miss Harbaugh a lot. Luck is a good quarterback who will have a good year and Stanford will still be near the top of the PAC 12 this year, but after Luck leaves it will be a major test.
-UCLA, Washington State, Oregon State: Get it together. You all could do so much better.
-Look for Oregon vs Arizona State in the first PAC 12 Championship game.
-Welcome to the Big Ten Nebraska. Enjoy your stay. Leaving 100 years of tradition will not be easy at first but new and good rivalries will be built soon enough. That being said, the conference opener at Wisconsin is going to hurt.
-It will be interesting to see just how far Ohio State falls. Oh yes, they will fall.
-Despite not getting Harbaugh, I think Michigan will be just fine with Hoke. Look for the Wolverines to have a tough year this year, but year two will be fantastic. Year one will have a win over Ohio State just to make the natives excited for year two.
-Penn State is still Penn State, Joe Paterno will never retire.
-I still don't know the Big Ten division setup. If it weren't for the silly names (Legends and Leaders) I wouldn't remember anything about it.
-Look for Iowa vs Wisconsin in the first Big Ten Championship game (yes, I went and looked up who is in which division first).
-Will someone in the Big East please step up and play real football? Last year looked like a mess in the conference. We have new coaches at Pitt, West Virginia, and UConn who all tied for first place in the conference last year.
-West Virginia: Wow, what a mess your offseason was. I would hope all the dust has settled and the team is distraction-free now. If so, it should be a good season.
-Pitt: More offseason drama here too. Oddly enough, I like your second hire for head coach more than your first a happen much this year, but down the road you'll be in better shape than before.
-UConn: I thought it was bad that Syracuse fired Pasqualoni in the first place, decent hire, if he still has it.
-South Florida: Would you hurry up and win this conference already? Quit screwing up late and losing it.
-Look for South Florida to win the conference this year, all the other "favorites" have new coaches.
-The Big 12: I will give Beebe credit for keeping the conference together the way he has, at least what's left of it. However it is just a matter of time before it all comes crashing down.
-Oklahoma: if you blow this chance, it may be awhile before you have it this easy again.
-Texas: Can you just hurry up and declare your hatred of the conference and leave it? We all know you don't want to be here, quit trying to "look good" while everyone else makes plans to leave. The idea of "We didn't destroy the conference, the other 11 teams all left us!" doesn't really work.
-Texas A&M: I can't blame you for leaving the Big 12, especially if that invite from the SEC is coming. I wish you'd hurry up already, though I know you are doing your best to avoid legal issues.
-The rest of the Big 12: Good luck fighting for spots in Conference USA, The Big East, and The Mountain West conference.
-Look for Oklahoma to win the Big 12 after obliterating everyone in their path, including Texas.
No comments:
Post a Comment